From the 21st to the 28th of June, 2015 in Granada hold place the III Edition of International Summer School in Catholic Studies “Beyond Secular Faith: Religion and Violence”, organized by the Centre for Thought of John Paul II (Warsaw) and the Institute of Philosophy Edith Stein (IFES) in collaboration with the International Center for the Study of Christian Orient (ICSCO) and the Institute of Theology Lumen Gentium (Granada). The people from East and West was welcome to this International Summer School.
Academic Directors: Michal Luczewski and Matyas Szalay
Secretary: Eva Martínez García
Program “Religion and Violence”:
- Seminar “Politics of Conflict: Christian-Muslim Encounter” (Prof. Monika Gabriela Bartoszewicz)
- Seminar “The Political Theology of René Girard” (Prof. Michal Luczewski)
- Seminar “Religious Violence and the Difference of Theology” (Prof. Aaron Riches)
- Seminar “Elements to a Phenomenology of Violence” (Prof. Matyas Szalay)
- “Violence in Islam? Origin and Development of Modern Arab Thought” (Prof. Rocío Daga)
To learn more about the International Summer School “Religion and Violence”, visit Instituto de Filosofía Edith Stein (IFES).